The Prime Minister mentioned major achievements of Indian science in 2018, including:
- Production of aviation grade biofuel
- Divya Nayan – a machine for visually impaired
- Inexpensive devices for diagnosis of cervical cancer, TB and dengue
- A real-time landslide warning system in the Sikkim-Darjeeling region.
- The Prime Minister called for research, which is a fusion of Arts and Humanities, Social Science, Science and Technology.
- Union Government has approved a National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems with an investment of over Rs. 3600 crore. The Mission will cover in a seamless way, R&D, Technology Development, Human resources and Skills, Innovation, Start-up Ecosystem and strong Industry and International Collaborations.
- He expressed happiness that research has begun to find an effective solution for sickle cell anaemia.