Present a review of Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission. What were the major achievements of the Mission? Discuss.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) seeks to reach out to 8-9 crore rural poor households and organize one woman member from each household into affinity-based women SHGs and federations at village level and at higher levels.
- During the year 2018-19 so far, over 73 lakh households have been mobilized into 6.75 lakh SHGs.
- SHGs have also been extended a capitalization support of Rs. 743.29 crore.
- The SHG-Bank Linkage programme has seen tremendous growth year on year under DAY-NRLM.
- During this financial year, about 17.57 lakh SHGs have accessed credit of Rs. 27911 crore up to October, 2018.
- This year, DAY-NRLM has taken up promotion of organic farming with women SHG members across the country.
- As a first step, Mahila Kisan have been registered through Local Groups for taking up organic farming.
- Mahila Kisan have been identified during the year 2018-19 under SRLM-AAP and the sub program MKSP (Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana).
- Under the dedicated training and capacity building initiative, a total of 7283 livelihoods CRPs have been trained during the year. This cadre is providing necessary extension services 24×7 at the village level.
- Ensuring Food & Nutritional Security is one of the stated objectives of all farm livelihoods interventions and in order to make sure that this objective is met, agri-nutri gardens at Mahila Kisan household level are being promoted.
- During the current year, Agri-Nutri Gardens have been promoted
- With an aim to reduce the drudgery of Mahila Kisan and to ensure timely access to farm equipment, Custom Hiring Centres are being promoted under DAY-NRLM.
- As linking small and marginal producers with the market is a critical gap, value chain development through the promotion of producer collectives is a critical component of the implementation strategy under Farm Livelihoods.
- Three Mahila Milk Producer Companies (MMPCs) have been operationalized in Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
- Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY) is a programme to provide safe, affordable and community monitored transport services to rural areas.
- The vehicles are owned and operated by members of Self-Help Group (SHG) networks and operate in regions which are not served by regular transport services. 624 routes are currently served by AGEY across the country.
- Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), the sub-scheme under DAY-NRLM develops an eco-system for supporting small businesses in rural areas.
- The eco-system has components for providing business support services, mentorship, seed capital, training & capacity building on business and technical aspects and marketing support. SVEP saturates a block with these services for supporting small business.