How has the Defence framework in India initiated the process of preparing Indian defence forces for use of Artificial Intelligence?
- Ministry of Defence has initiated the process of preparing Indian defence forces for use of Artificial Intelligence.
- A project has been sanctioned to Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics (CAIR), a DRDO based laboratory, to develop AI based solutions for signal intelligence to enhance intelligence collation and analysis capabilities to the armed forces. The total cost of the project is Rs.73.9 crore.
- A project named, Energy Harvesting Based Infrared Sensor Network for Automated Human Intrusion Detection (EYESIRa), which is partially based on the principles of IoT, has been sanctioned for Rs.1.8 crore.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) based tools would aid the defence forces constructively in areas such as decision support, sensor data analysis, predictive maintenance, situational awareness, accurate data extraction, security etc.
- These tools will assist defence personnel in better operations, maintenance and logistics support.