- On the eve of National Science Day, a certificate of appreciation and cash prize were given to three PhD students and one Post-doc fellow who won the Department of Science and Technology’s (DST) science writing competition — Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR).
- The AWSAR initiative is to encourage and equip PhD scholars and post-doctoral fellows with writing skills to communicate science with lay people.
- Students are required to submit a popular science article about their research.
- Cash prizes of ₹1,00,000, ₹50,000 and ₹25,000 were given to the first three winners among PhD students and ₹1,00,000 to one Post-doc fellow.
- Also, 100 best stories by PhD students and top 20 stories by Post-doc fellows will get a cash prize of ₹10,000 each.
Home Current Affairs Science and Technology Four young scientists win DST science writing award