What are some of the steps taken by the Government for ensuring employment for Divyangs?
Several steps have been taken by the Government for ensuring employment for divyangs.
- Section 34(1) of the justifys of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 mandates reservation of not less than four percent of the total number of vacancies in Government Establishments for persons with benchmark disabilities.
- Further, the Government implements an incentive scheme for providing employment to persons with disabilities in the Private Sectors.
- The Government also implements a National Action Plan for Skill Development of persons with disabilities so as to enhance their scope of employability in both Government and private sectors.
- Government has also set up 42 Special Employment Exchanges for Handicapped, 38 Special Cells for Handicapped persons in the normal Employment Exchanges, 21 National Career Service Centres for Differently Abled in the country.
- Section 34(1) of the justifys of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 is applicable to all establishments irrespective of areas of work unless they are exempted from the said provision.